Study Abroad Course Approvals

If you are preparing to study abroad and need to have a Religious Studies course approved for your Petition for Transfer Credit (PTC form), please email with the following information:

- Acquire a copy of the syllabus for the class (not course description)

*Not all schools provide a syllabus on their website. If this is the case,  you will need to contact the instructor of the class or the University directly to access the correct document. Course descriptions do not typically provide enough information for approval.

- Once you have the syllabus, send it to with the class you think it most closely matches to a Mason credit. See to make help with your decision.

          Example: I am studying abroad at _____ University and think this class is equivalent to RELI 212 at George Mason.

- Provide your name, major, G-number, and date and location of where you will be studying abroad. It is also helpful to inform us of how you plan to use the credit – general elective, minor class, Mason Core requirement, etc.

Please note that this email box will only be monitored once a week on Thursday mornings. Decisions will be made as soon as possible but please expect at least one week for a response.